Round Table Sessions
European Utility Week's Innovation and Technology Platforms offered you the possibility to join a number of free-to-attend Industry Round Tables. The interactive sessions enable you to interact with industry peers in an informal way and gain insights on key markets developments hosted by industry leading organisations.
A sneak preview of the interactive round table workshops, scroll down to learn more:
- “Embedded Security in the Smart Grid” - hosted by Maxim Integrated
- An Interactive Workshop: Building the Next-Generation Customer Experience - hosted by Opower
- Cybersecurity Solutions for Remote Substations and Control Room Monitoring - hosted by AlertEnterprise
How to participate?
The Round Tables take place right on the exhibition floor, at one of the 4 Innovation & Technology Plazas. Feel free to pass by, hear what is being said, and more important, participate in the discussions!
“Embedded Security in the Smart Grid” - hosted by Maxim Integrated
Security implementations in Germany and the Netherlands
- Lifecycle security
- Security Strategy for the Smart Grid
- Moderator: Roger Westberg, Smart Grid Segment Manager, Industrial & Medical Solutions Group, Maxim Integrated
About the host:
Maxim Integrated creates high-performance semiconductor products and is a leader in analog innovation and integration. Unique among semiconductor companies in the range of disparate analog functions that it can combine onto a single chip, Maxim Integrated helps customers get to market faster with systems that are smaller and consume less power. For more information please visit: www.maximintegrated.com.
An Interactive Workshop: Building the Next-Generation Customer Experience - hosted by Opower
Topics covered: An introductory presentation will touch on hot to increase business value through stronger customer relationships:
- Innovative approaches to engaging customers through personalized, relevant, cross-channel communications
- Enhancing brand and improving satisfaction by offering customers the means to take control of their energy use
- Realizing the potential of smart meters to provide cutting-edge energy management tools to consumers
- Examples of how utilities around the world are driving smart grid adoption, meeting EE mandates, remaining competitive by offering the next generation customer experience
Interactive Group Work: The audience will be split into groups of 5-10 people to discuss the following:
- What are the customer trends and challenges facing utilities in Europe today?
- What customer expectations are the telcom, banking, and other leading industries setting?
- How do utilities address the gap between customer expectations and utility performance? How soon and at what cost?
- How will you measure success?
During the session, insights and best practices from leading global utilities where shared on how they are delivering customer experiences that help build more valuable customer relationships.
About the host
Working with 85 utility partners and serving more than 18 million consumers across seven countries, Opower is the world's leading provider of customer engagement solutions for the utility industry. By providing the tools, information and incentives consumers need to make smarter decisions about their energy use, Opower's engagement platform and solution suite, enables utilities to involve their customers in programs that support energy efficiency goals, smart grid and new rate structures, brand loyalty and lowering the cost of service. Proven to drive behavioral change at scale, Opower has helped its utility partners achieve more than 2.7 TWhs in energy savings, and drives significant increases in customer program participation and overall customer satisfaction. Their clients include National Grid, Pacific Gas & Electric, Commonwealth Edison, and Constellation Energy.
Cybersecurity Solutions for Remote Substations and Control Room Monitoring - hosted by AlertEnterprise
Presented by Jean-Francois Scardigli, Business Development Europe & Rob Kraanen, Director - Strategic Solutions, AlertEnterprise
- Enhancing Operational Security for Utilities
- Monitoring Physical, Logical, and SCADA Access to Critical Assets
- Meet Security and Compliance Requirements
About the host
AlertEnterprise delivers Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure Solutions for Utilities leveraging true IT-IT Convergence. AlertEnterprise provides continuous monitoring of critical assets, substations and control rooms. AlertEnterprise leverages Physical Identity Management and SCADA Security to automate Onboarding/Offboarding of contractors and employees while automating the entire NERC CIP compliance process.
For more information, contact us:
Phone: +31 346 590 901
Fax: +31 346 590 601